Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

For the last 3 months i have not been paid the right amount…

Customer Question
For the last 3...

For the last 3 months i have not been paid the right amount on my ssn benefits and last month went in the office and they said they had it all fixed. Well this month i was shorted 134.00 every month is a different amount I need to figure out how to get this fixed as i am having a tough time paying my bills.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Mine is disability it isn't ssi it is ssn

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/15/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 4 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

I understand you are receiving Social Security Disability Benefits.

The $134. is the amount of the Medicare Part B Premium, so I'm not sure whether or not you considered that in determining whether or not you are receiving the correct amount now.

If, after considering that Medicare Part B premium, you still feel that you aren't receiving the correct amount, unfortunately you will have to contact the Social Security office that you visited last month and go over their computations with them again.

Perhaps they neglected to give you the information with respect to the Medicare Part B premium that most beneficiaries have deducted from their benefits.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me with assisting you today.

Thanks very much,