Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

MY WIFE PASSED AWAY MAY 9 2013 INTITLED TO SOME OF HER

MY WIFE PASSED AWAY...

MY WIFE PASSED AWAY MAY 9 2013 I'M I INTITLED TO SOME OF HER SOCIAL SECURITY

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

WELL HER NAME IS***** DYSON

3/15/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

As a widower over 60 you are entitled to collect the higher of your own benefits or your late spouse's. You would not be entitled to collect both, only the higher of the payments, as between your record and your late husband's.

You just need to contact the nearest SSA office and they will set it up for you.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney