Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

SSN ********* would like to know the process of removal of…

Customer Question
My Name is***** *********...

My Name is***** ********* would like to know the process of removal of self from Disability.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Process of removal of self from Disability

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Found a job which works with me on my Disability

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/15/2018
Social Security Expert: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Why do you want to remove yourself from disability? Is this SS Disability? Have you contacted the SS Administration yet?

No I try but it was a hour wait on the phone for an answer

Thank you for your reply.

You have to notify the SSA you are working full time and as such do not need benefits. You need to do this BOTH in writing and by phone. If they send you any checks, DO NOT CASH THEM, send them back, because when they eventually catch up with all of this (and sometimes it takes several months) they will come after you for any money they sent you to be refunded to them. If you notify them in writing you have proof you did nothing wrong and if you send the checks back or the money back if it is direct deposited (or if you cannot send it back through the direct deposit, you need to keep it in a separate account to return to them when they figure it out).

That is how you would get off of Disability with SSA.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.