Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have been told that I may be eligible for additional ss…

Customer Question
I have been told...

I have been told that I may be eligible for additional ss benefits because I served in the Army in a specific time period

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I served in the Army from April 1964 through April 1966.....

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I dont think so??????

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/14/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Under certain circumstances, special extra earnings for periods of active duty from 1957 through 2001 can also be credited to your Social Security earnings record.

From 1957 through 1977, you’re credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.

Normally - you should provide that information to the SSA when you first applied for benefits.

If you did not or you are not sure whether that information was provided - you may contact the SSA directly and verify.

Let me know your zip code and I will find local contact information.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.