Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Is it possible to obtain another copy of 2018 Benefit

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to obtain another copy of 2018 Benefit Statement Form SSA-1099?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am asking for copies of that statement since the intended clerk at my wife's State Teachers Retirement Office claims she did not receive those mailed.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No; this is a simple matter of a claimed lost mail. If copies of those 2018 SSA-1099s can be sent to Samuel and Erika Koeppel, SS Nos.###-##-####and###-##-####, respectively, that would solve the problem.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/14/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 5 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Please be aware that you may not access online account for deceased person.

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

Let me know if that helps.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.