Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do I report a Death to ssa? I need to report the death…

Customer Question
How do I report...

How do I report a Death to ssa?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to report the death of my sister to ssa

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Social Security Expert: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security. So, we do not have access to your personal information.

Often, the funeral home will take care of notifying social security. If you want them to do that, you will need to give the deceased’s Social Security Number to the funeral director so they can make the report.

Otherwise, If you need to report a death, contact your local Social Security office or call 1-***-***-**** ( TTY 1-***-***-****). You can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 AM and 7 PM Monday through Friday.

You can not report the death online to SSA.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.