Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

If i worked in family business,business was incorporated,

If i worked in...

If i worked in family business,business was incorporated, did not receive salary,worked 5 yrs. owned 49 percent of business,started teaching, divorced in 1995 signed my shares back to co. I think husband drew salary, retired on SSD in 2007 can the timed I worked and had shares of business be calculated in social security benefits did not think about this when granted SSD. just thought everything would show up under my social security no. Worked summers, holidays staried when I was 15. working in the dime store,clothing store, and my ex-husband's mom'business. dont know if social security was taken out,got a check from these businesses. I am 65 yrs. old.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Ex husband draws SSD now started less than a yr. ago. bad heart. remarried in 2002 he died in 20012. we were married less than 10 yrs. by 9 mos. married 2nd marriage when I was 49 yrs. he drew SSD pancreatic cancer. died in 20012., His SSD was lower than mine. I was married to my first husband for 18 yrs. had 2 boys. no children with 2nd husband. thanks Teresa

Answered in 2 days by:
3/16/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If there is a problem understanding
Please call me(###) ###-####reading not question again U. may
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

If i worked in family business,business was incorporated, did not receive salary,worked 5 yrs. owned 49 percent of business,started teaching, divorced in 1995 signed my shares back to co. I think husband drew salary, retired on SSD in 2007 can the timed I worked and had shares of business be calculated in social security benefits did not think about this when granted SSD

Response: Unfortunately, no since you did not collect salary and thus no Social Security tax was paid on your behalf.

<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor. <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">Best wishes,<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about jobs that I worked in summer,Holidays week-ends starting when I was 15. I did receive checks for those jobs. When social security looks up your credits for social security, they do use your soc.sec. no. ,because my name has changed from maiden name Propes to Wilson to Racicot. Is that right they go only by soc. sec. no. This was in the 60's and 70's. Thank You
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law