Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am helping a friend who needs to prove how much she will…

Customer Question
I am helping a...

I am helping a friend who needs to prove how much she will earn in benefits next year and provide that information to her HUD housing manager. Can you help me?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Each year we are given an estimate of what we can expect in social security income for the next year. In this case it is for 2018. Can you help me with this for her?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Other than her name and social security number and the fact that I am asking on her behalf.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/12/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your friend's personal information.

There are three ways to obtain a copy of a benefits award letter from Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once she is logged in to her account, she should click on "replacement documents."

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit her local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Please cancel this. I thought this would help. It does not. Please cancel.