Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

If you are presently drawing social security and you become…

If you are presently...

If you are presently drawing social security and you become legally blind, are you entitled to any disability benefit?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My husband is 76 years old and developed Macular Degenerative disease and is legally blind. He cannot see to read, drive or operate any machine or write.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

He is also incontinent.

3/11/2018
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you can if you have not reached your full retirement age. At full retirement age your disability benefits are automatically replaced by your regular benefits, which means you cannot get disability after full retirement age.

emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser