Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have jumped every hoop that they ask me too even the

Customer Question
I have jumped every...

I have jumped every hoop that they ask me too even the "ss-5 " form ? and still did not a replacement card for the one that we washed in wash machine. I have had this card for 67 years and mygov is still money from me !!! but can't get me a new card / ******* *******

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

They sent my ss-5 form back to me whit nothing marked to do I'm lost in the shuffle of the s.s. a. office

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/12/2018
Social Security Expert: taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 5 months ago
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

We have had this issue a couple of times with my wife. She did the washer thing once and had her purse stolen twice. Each time, the "800" number for SSA did nothing for us. Neither did the website. What worked each time was going to the local Social Security office and talk to the people personally. Each of the three times we had new cards in a couple of weeks. I also did this with my son, when my ex lost his card.

I have also gone to the SSA office on behalf of clients before.

Each time we have gone to the SSA office, we have waited for a couple of hours, but I have found that going early in the morning on a Wednesday or Thursday seems to work.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any more, please feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks! Have a great week!

I have not heard back from you. Do you have any more questions?