Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I want to file for the my SS Retirement benefits but never…

Customer Question
I want to file...

I want to file for the my SS Retirement benefits but never seem to be able to get into the online And I am worried. Pls. help

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I applied online I got my re-entered number but still same problem. I was told if the sign application don't recieve in time at the SS of I will loose all my benefit and I am worried.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I visited the office last year and the lady told me that they didn't have record of me and she took my documents and make duplicate copies which I didn't understand why.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need to know what is going on because I was told if I do not submit a sign application by a certain date I will loose my benefit.
I worked hard and to hear this is very discouraging.Pls. help
Ive work on the application but than I got cut off and I am worried. Ill be 66 year in a months time.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 5 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

If you are not able to apply online - you still have other options - you may apply over the phone OR you may apply in person by visiting any SSA office.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local contacts and location.

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099,

there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area,

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues