Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My bank account might go over $2000. Will I lose my ssdi…

My bank account might go...
My bank account might go over $2000. Will I lose my ssdi immediately, since it will probably go down quickly?
3/9/2018
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You will become ineligible for Supplemental Security Disability Income after your assets become above that limit,

But you will be able to re-apply when you spent-down the money below that limit.
Thank you

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor