How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-ssa Your Own Question
lev-ssa, Retirement and Benefits
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 48728
Experience:  Retirement Planning, Benefit Qualification, Taxes, International Issues
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-ssa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my 2017 SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement.

Customer Question

I lost my 2017 SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement. How can I get a copy?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to see my online benefit statement for my SSA-1099
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No--I lost my statement and need to get a copy to apply for benefits on my property tax.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-ssa replied 2 years ago.

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099,

there are some options :

  • Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

  • Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

  • Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area,

Expert:  lev-ssa replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues