Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Just moved. Change addess. I need two things. Can I change…

Just moved....

Just moved. Change addess

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need two things. Can I change address on line and I need to change Bank for Direct Deposit. Thanks

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I think this is all. - brain got at the moment.

3/8/2018
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you

There are three ways to accomplish what you want.

1. The easiest way is to check with the bank where the new account is that you want your benefits deposited. The banks often offer this service for their customers.

2. You can call the Social Security Administration at 1-***-***-**** and ask them to make the changes. The only problem with this is the wait on "Hold" can be very, very long. Therefore, I would either call or visit your local Social Security office (if they publish a local telephone number - some do; some don't) where the wait is usually acceptable. I'll give you a link where, using your ZipCode, you can find the address and telephone number of the closest Social Security office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

3. The last way, and most direct method if your bank doesn't offer the service, is to make the change yourself online. In order to do that you will need to go to ssa.gov and set up a "My Social Security" account. Once you do that, you will see that there are a number of things you can do and information you can obtain through that website. One of the options is to change the bank account information where your benefits are deposited. You can also change your profile information, update your address, etc.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need any further assistance.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

keeperumiami
Very satisfied— answered me promptly, got the answers I needed.