Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'm trying to find out if my mother who died march 14 2017…

I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out if my mother who died march 14 2017 should of have recieved a 1099SSA for her taxes

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Her name Celeste Jenny ssn###-##-#### I am excutrix of estate she died in Illinois but changed her mailing address to our Mo address when she went into hospice in Jan 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that i know of. Trying to get the info to her tax preparer

3/9/2018
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Yes - there should be reporting form.

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099,

there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You will not be able to use this option for deceased person.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does it make a different that mom lived in illinois and died there. I live in mo. but her tax person is in Illinois too . My zip is 65582
moms was 62249

That makes NO difference - you may go to ANY SSA office - that is a federal agency.

.

Address:129 SCOTT STATION ROAD JEFFERSON CITY, MO 65109

FROM HWY 50, TAKE THE TRUMAN BLVD-S.COUNTRY CLUB DR EXIT. CONTINUE NORTH ON TRUMAN BLVD, PAST THE MALL. TURN LEFT ON SCOTT STATION ROAD (RIVER REGION CREDIT UNION IS ON THE CORNER). OFFICE IS THE 3RD BUILDING ON THE LEFT.

Phone:1-877_405_9803 TTY:1-800_325_0778

Hours:

Monday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Tuesday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Wednesday9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Friday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SaturdayClosed

SundayClosed

Let me know if that helps.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you
lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor