Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Our CPA just called and asked for some numbers from our 2017…

Our CPA just called...

Our CPA just called and asked for some numbers from our 2017 BENEFIT AMOUNTS forms which we didn't receive for 2017. In fact, our last statement was from 2016. The information he needs are: Total paid before deductions, Medicare premiums, voluntary Federal tax w/h, and any other deductions before the net checks were deposited into our bank account. What information do you need from me right now to give us the info required to speak to us about our account?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Do you need our Social Security numbers?

3/8/2018
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

SSA mails Social Security Benefit Statements first class between January 3 and 24 each year, for delivery no later than January 31.
Everyone had to wait till after Feb 1, 2018 to request a replacement.
If you need a replacement form SSA-1099 , SSA has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly by:
Using your online my Social Security account.
If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab; OR
Calling 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or
Contacting your local Social Security office.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer