Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Had my taxes done and doesnt seem right made 28,000 last…

Hi had my taxes...

Hi had my taxes done and doesnt seem right made 28,000 last year in wages i am 69 years old tax man said i had to on that amount i thought that i had up to 45,000 in wages before i had to pAy

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not sure

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Taxes for a Single , 69 yr old, with at least $28000 of wages would be estimated at $1900. Any taxes withheld would reduce that amount.

If you are collecting SSA benefits then some of the SSA may even be taxable depending on how much your benefits are.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited. Thank you

notb following need more explaing please whats est at 1900 im getting s/s each month the sheet they send you says 45000. before taxes have not paid before
not paying that this is just pay and pay not going for that i file for my money back thanks

That $45000 is about paying back the benefits not tax.

no

I will tell Customer Support for you

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer