Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I recently found out that my two adopted boys were eligible…

Customer Question
I recently found out...

I recently found out that my two adopted boys were eligible to receive Social Security benefits on my account. I have since applied and it is in process. They were Adopted august 28 2006. that was after I retired in 2005. Since at this time I was told that I would be eligible for these Benefits from the Social Security processer. My question to her and in general is how far back would I would eligible. I had no Idea the these benefits were available in 2006. Jim ***@******.***

Accountant's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I filed for benefits about 2 weeks ago. They told me that it would take up to 6 weeks for a final decision.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
3/8/2018
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read that you did not know that your children are eligible for benefits under your earnings.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Unfortunately, since you did not list the children on your initial application for benefits, the retroactive pay would only start from the date you applied for benefits for them.

For more information on retroactive pay, click here and here.

I am sorry that I do not have much better news for you.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law