Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change the Routing and Bank account numbers for my…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change the Routing and Bank account numbers for my direct deposit and automatic withdrawal. How can I do this online?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a letter from my broker advising me to update my routing and bank account numbers which they have sent me. Do you have a form for me to fill out or what is my next move?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

PLEASE CANCEL - TRYING TO CALL S.S. IS IMPOSSIBLE AS THERE IS A WAITING PERIOD OF OVER AN HOUR JUST TO GET THROUGH.
THANK YOU - BE SURE TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT WITH YOU.

Unfortunately, Social Security has very long wait times when you call. That is why they recommend doing everything online.

I'll forward this to customer service on your behalf.

Have a great day!