Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My Social Security file has disappeared from my tax

Customer Question
My Social Security file...

My Social Security file has disappeared from my tax preparation brief case, possibly taken by a neighbor who often enters my home illegally and harrasses me or steals from me, and I am needing my Social Security statement from 2017 and the one I recently received for 2018.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No, I believe not. I simply need the copies of my Social Seciurity statements which I had in my brief case in my home yesterday. How can I obtain copies of those two forms? I have a meeting with my tax advisor on March 19th at 9a;00 a.m.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/6/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 4 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

At this point, you basically have two options to obtain the information you need.

The first is to visit http://ssa.gov and set up a "My Social Security" account. Once you do that you'll be able to print out the information you need by following the links that will become available to you.

The second option is to call and/or visit your local Social Security office & obtain a "Print-Out" of the information you need. I'll give you a link where, using your ZipCode, you can find the address & local telephone number of the closest local Social Security office. If they don't publish a local number, you'll need to use the national number(###) ###-####, which you can use to make an appointment at any SSA office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,