Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I would like federal taxes taken out of my SS. Who do I

Customer Question
I would like federal...

I would like federal taxes taken out of my SS. Who do I contact?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That is all I want.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 4 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane …

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m looking at your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

Here's a link to IRS form W4-V.

...

This is used for voluntary withholding for Social Security, and some other items as well.

...

Just fill out the small portion at the bottom of page 1 where you tell then to withhold 7%, 10%, 12%, or 22% then sign and take or send to your local Social Security office.

...

Here's a site locator where you can look up the mailing address for you closest office

SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE LOCATOR

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit"– That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

..

But again, if you need more on this, or if I've not understood your question correctly, please let me know.

Lane