Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Sir, I need to change my banking account # number to new…

Good day, Sir, Accountant's...

Good day, Sir,

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Good Day, Sir, I need to change my banking account # number to new account We had a hacking problem, so we changed the Checking account, Same same routing #, just different account

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not to my knowledge

2/16/2018
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

There are three ways to accomplish what you want.

1. The easiest way is to check with the bank where the new account is that you want your benefits deposited. The banks often offer this service for their customers.

2. You can call the Social Security Administration at 1-***-***-**** and ask them to make the change. The only problem with this is the wait on "Hold" can be very, very long. Therefore, as an alternative to can call or visit your local SSA office to make the change. Here's a link where, using your Zip-Code, you can find the address and telephone number of your closest local SSA office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

3. The last way, and most direct method if your bank doesn't offer the service is to make the change yourself online. In order to do that you will need to go to ssa.gov and set up a "My Social Security" account. Once you do that, you will see that there are a number of things you can do and information you can obtain through that website. One of the options is to change the bank account information where your benefits are deposited.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need any further assistance.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

keeperumiami
Thanks, ***** ***** longer need the answer. Our banker has taken care of the problem. Please remove my account info, as I do not need your services. Thanks GlennKnight
Phone call session started
I see where you are charging me $50+ for your answer. I was told by the SSA man there would a $5.00 charge What gives???
I do not need or want a phone call from as I had the answer to my question before you responded

I'm not charging you anything.

I'm a user just like you except I answer the questions instead of ask them.

We don't have access to anything related to the billing.

You were probably charged because you indicated that you wanted a telephone consultation.

I cancelled that for you so that charge, whatever it was should be reversed.

I'll send a not to Customer Service for you.

PS You can see from my response that I suggested that you contact your banker to make the change for you, but I guess you already figured that out on your own.

Thanks Stephen.....it has been LONG day. I do appreciate your efforts

No problem; if you need assistance in the future, we'll be here.