Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How does a person get a copy of their job history. My spouse…

Customer Question
How does a person...

How does a person get a copy of their job history.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My spouse needs a copy of the years that he worked

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No that's all he needed

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
2/6/2018
Social Security Expert: Carter McBride, CPA replied 5 months ago
Carter McBride

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you with this.

He will need to setup an account on My Social Security, which is here: https://www.ssa.gov/signin. From that portal, you can pull his work history.

Social Security also mail paper Statements to workers age 60 and older three months before their birthday if they don’t receive Social Security benefits and don’t yet have a my Social Security account.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, just let me know. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!