Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my direct deposit to a different bank. I…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my direct deposit to a different bank. I have spent over an hour waiting on the phone!! I am not very computer literate so am afraid to try online. I do not know if I have an account open with SS if I do my deceased husband had passwords etc. I need to change banks soon.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

That does not answer my question, the retirement accountant is where and how do I get in touch in a timely way.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
2/6/2018
Social Security Expert: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can do this by mail. Go to this link, download the form.

https://www.gsa.gov/forms-library/direct-deposit-sign-form

Take it to your bank or callyour bank for the routing number and account number.

Then mail it in or take it to your local social security office.

However you do it it takes about one pay cycle to process.

As to the Socail Security Account, visit a local office so that the passwords can be reset into your account name and password.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald