Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I receive disability and Medicare parts A and. I live in…

I receive disability and...

I receive disability and Medicare parts A and B. I live in Puerto Rico and due to the impact and damage suffered by hurracaine Irma and Maria and the rise in cost of living increase it is becoming extremely hard to make ends meet. What would be the maximum amount that I could earn without affecting my benefits.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No that would be all thank you\

1/20/2018
Carter McBride

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you with this.

You can work for 9 months, which is known as your trial work period. During the trial work period, there are no limits on your earnings. During the 36-month extended period of eligibility, you usually can make no more than $1,170 a month or your benefits will stop

Social Security has a great pamphlet on it available here:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, let me know. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

How much is that yearly and I am only able to work a maximum of 4 to 5 hours a day. I also wanted to know my daughter is a senior in high school and will not be receiving any benefits. She has applied and been accepted to 6 Universities so far all offering financial aid. Unfortunately the amount does not cover full tuition is there any programs that you are aware that she could apply, I am honorably retired army soldier. Could you assist me with this?
no thank you
I prefer to use chat.
First 9 months as much as you want. No limit. After that it's $14,040 per year.
For your daughter, she can search grants and scholarships online. If she cannot find enough she can use federal student loans to cover the rest.
can you help or should i look for help elsewhere?
well i guess we are done. Thanks
This is a great place to start. https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
If you don't need anything else, please leave a rating. Thanks!
Carter McBride
Thank you Mr. McBride, Have a nice evening