Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

If there is a patient on social security due to mental

Customer Question
If there is a...

If there is a patient on social security due to mental issues and iS not under care of a mental profesinal MD or therapist could she or he loose there soclal security income

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

PLEASE READ ABOVE SORRY

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

IF THERE IS A PATIENT ON SOCIAL SECURITY DUE TO MENTAL ILLNESS NOT BEING SEEN BY A PROFESIONAL. COULD SHE OR HE LOOSE THERE SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
1/19/2018
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane … Looks like no one's picking ths up. I can help

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate,non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response. Then if you havefurther questions we can go from there

You've asked a very complicated question. Every situation is different.

...

Not being under the care of a physician (at this moment) alone, may not jeopardize the eligibility ... but when you are reviewed - and you eventually will be - getting a provider to complete the questionnaire will help immensely.

...

SSA i required to periodically review the case of every person who is receiving Social Security Disability (SSDI)

or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability benefits.

...

This process is called a “continuing disability review” (CDR) and is intended to identify recipients who might no longer qualify as disabled. If, during a CDR, Social Security finds that your medical condition has improved enough so that you can work, your Social Security benefits will end.

...

HOWEVER, it is much easier to pass a continuing disability review (CDR) than it is to be granted benefits in the first place.

...

Most cases are set for review every three or seven years, depending on the likelihood that your condition will improve.

...

SO the initial finding plays a large part ... an of course if you stay on SSDI until you reach retirement age your benefits will automatically switch to retirement benefit ... or if you're on SSI, the SSI becomes permanent.

...

If you have a condition that is expected to medically improve, a CDR may be conducted even sooner than three years.

...

But on the other end of the range, Social Security beneficiaries whose condition is not expected to improve or are disabled due to a permanent condition (such as a lost limb or impaired intellectual functioning) may have their claim reviewed even less than every seven years.

...

SO again this is a very specific to the situation answer.

...

One thing's for sure, you'll want a practitioner that's on your side in providing information for the review when it's time.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS