Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husbands Company is telling him I have to go off of His…

Customer Question
My husbands Company...

My husbands Company is telling him I have to go off of His insurance and go on Social security’s it’s a new law is that true I’m on SSI

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

His insurance and go on Social security’s it’s a new law is that true I’m on SSI . I only get 746.00 a month I’m on my husbands ins but he tells me I have to go off because of the new law . I need to know if this is true

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No not that I know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
I do not want to go on Social security I want to stay on my husband’s insurance can they may Him drop me
1/18/2018
Social Security Expert: dylatess, ATTORNEY replied 7 months ago
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY

That is correct. Note, SSI is a federal and state welfare program. And you cannot receive benefits from a private insurance company if you are receiving SSI. Accordingly, you will have to apply for a new health plan. And I suggest that you do this ASAP as you do not want to have a medical emergency only to find out that your husband's plan will not cover it. I wish you well.