Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I been on disability since April of 2007. How much money can…

My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I been on disability since April of 2007. How much money can I earn without it effecting my SSI?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am on perimentant SSI and I want to know how much I can make without it effecting my disability. I draw 2439 - 134 for medicare.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I do not think so.

1/18/2018
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Hi and welcome to our site.

As long as you are below your FRA - full retirement age - you might find helpful this publication

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf

You are considered as disabled if you can't start doing "substantial gainful activity" (SGA) - that is $1,180 per month in 2018 (or $1,970 if you're blind).

However - there is a trial work period during which you can make more than the SGA amount without losing your benefits.

When you’re ready to explore your work options, we have a Ticket to Work Help Line that lets you talk with the SSA about
work, benefits, or work incentive programs.

Call 1-866-YOURTICKET (1-866_968_7842), Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST.

Let me know if that helps.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How about 2017?
NPVAdvisor
NPVAdvisor, CFP Licensee and Practitioner
Phone call session started
lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor