Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have changed checking account that my ss check is

Customer Question
I have changed checking...

I have changed checking account that my ss check is deposited into. How do I perform this task?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I closed my previous account, because my computer was hacked. All of my personal iinfo.was on it.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of, I am also changing my pension plans.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/18/2018
Social Security Expert: Carter McBride, CPA replied 6 months ago
Carter McBride

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out with this. Just so you are aware, Just Answer is not associated with Social Security but we can point you in the right direction.

There are three ways to do this: online, over the phone or in person.

Online - go to My Social Security Account at - www.ssa.gov/myaccount

Over the phone at 1-***-***-****.

Or visit your local Social Security Office.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, just let me know. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!