Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my benefit from direct deposit to postal…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my benefit from direct deposit to postal service due to relocation .Thank you

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I do not need to change my benefits. I just need to redirect my benefit from direct deposit to US postal service.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My pertinent information.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/17/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Social Security does not mail benefit checks.

You will have to notify Social Security that your direct deposit information has changed.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. Use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your old account until you receive at least one payment into your new account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb