Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I want to deposit my social check to a new account. I

Customer Question
I want to deposit...

I want to deposit my social check to a new account . I contacted th bank and they sent a form which I can sign . What do I do now . The form is an email which I can sign.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Right now my check is being automatically deposited in Chase Bank ....

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I want it to be automatically sent to my account at the Navy Federal Credit Union

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
1/18/2018
Social Security Expert: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

To change your direct deposit information, you must either call or visit Social Security or establish an online account where you can make the change yourself.

1. You can call them at(###) ###-#### Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. eastern time. Be prepared to wait on "hold" for a half hour or more.

2. You can visit your local office. Find the address, hours, and directions of your local Social Security office using their locator tool, here:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

3. You can create an online account. Before you get started, you will want to have the following information at hand:

A. Your name as it appears on your social security account, your social security number, and your date of birth;

B. Your U.S. address, a U.S. issued driver's license or ID card, and a valid e-mail address;

C. Be prepared to choose a user name and password (write them down after you choose them)

D. Be prepared to select three security questions/answers (write them down after you choose them)

E. Not mandatory, but it helps if you have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages. This way, when you're online, you can receive a security code without having to leave the page you're on;

Once you have your info together, go to this page:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIR/CatsView.do

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and check the box that says "I agree to the terms of service," and then click "Next." The program will walk you through the sign up process.

Once your account is created you will be able to change your direct deposit information online, as well as access all of your account information, your history, your 1099, etc.

Hope this has answered your question. If so please don't forget to rate this answer, and thank you sincerely ***** ***** Just Answer.

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney