Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I will be changing my direct deposit account tomorrow at my…

I will be changing...

I will be changing my direct deposit account tomorrow at my bank. After I get my new account, do I inform you immediately?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My direct social security deposit information needs to be changed as I will be opening up a new account at my bank 1-16-2018. What is the procedure for informing S.S. Of this change? I am due to receive my SS check 1-18-2018. The account it has been going to will be blocked due my being scammed.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Tomorrow I will be visiting my Banc of California on Greenleaf Ave. to file a fraud report and receive a case number. The police have already been informed and will be coming to the bank once I have a case number. What is going to happen this month is my social security check will be refused and blocked as that account ending 6704.will no longer be active.. What then happens to January’s SS check?

1/16/2018
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

The bank itself has the forms to do this. All depository institutions have the forms (some can do it electronically) to make this change for you right there at the bank.

...

They will notify Social Securtiy for you.

Further, as long as it's the SAME bank (and only different account) they will monitor for the first check, , after the change, to be sure that it goes to the new account.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit"– That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

Thanks so much,

Lane

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Excellent. 5 stars.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You’re welcome.

Hi again, I;m so sorry that the web site is so difficult to navigate.

....

The reason I keep responding (other than to be grateful for your attempt to rate) is that until you have actually rated by using the green stars at the top of your screen (or sometimes you need to swipe left or right if you're on a device such as a phone or a tablet) I have to continue to come back and respond to your statement.

...

If you could look for the green stars (again you may need to scroll up or to the right or to the left) and click on the them to rate me, I won't have to continue to come back to the question thread.

...

However you can ALSO simply not respond, and eventually the site will compensate me because it's clear you were satisfied.

...

Either way is fine (sorry this has to be so difficult)

...

Thanks,

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Lane

Thanks much!

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS