Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am a Military Veteran, am I eligble for a higher ss

Customer Question
I am a Military...

I am a Military Veteran, am I eligble for a higher ss payment due ro Military Servive between 1957 and 2001?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a printout, www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm which says I am eligble for a higher payment than currently receiving

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Yes can my wife get a higher payment as my spouse rather than her account

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 7 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Earnings for active duty military service or active duty training have been covered under Social Security since 1957.

From 1957 through 1977, you’re credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.

You might want to contact the SSA and verify if these amounts are properly credited.

Let me know if you need any contact information.