Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE MY ADDRESS AND MU HUSBANS (WHO AS…

Customer Question
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE...
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE MY ADDRESS AND MU HUSBANS (WHO AS RECENTLYDIED FOR OVER 3 WEEKS, I HAVE CALLED,WENT ON WEB SITE CANNOT FIND ANYWAY TO DO SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN DO THIS. REGINA J SANOS AND ANTERO SANTOS
TL(###) ###-####
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/9/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 6 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your spouse...

You will NOT be able to update account for the person who passed away...

You cannot report a death or apply for survivors benefits online.

In most cases, the funeral home will report the person’s death to the SSA.

You should give the funeral home the deceased person’s Social Security number if you want them to make the report.

.

If you need to report a death or apply for benefits, call 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778).

You can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 AM and 7 PM Monday through Friday.

You can also contact any Social Security office.

An appointment is not required, but if you call ahead and schedule one, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to speak to someone.

Let me know your zip code and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.