Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I'm told that my husband & I have to have award letters for…

Customer Question
I'm told that my...

I'm told that my husband & I have to have award letters for our SS in order to get Loan Modification from the bank that holds our mortgage. I gave them the award letters form 2017 & they said they would only accept the 2018 award letters which we have not received.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Well, seeing that we are about to have our home repossessed unless we get these award letters from SS for 2018-not much more. We retired with a very good nest egg; however, due to health issues, we are about to lose our home & the bank that holds our mortgage will not help me in any way whatsoever. They tell me there were some errors submitted, but they will not tell me what the errors are.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
1/8/2018
Social Security Expert: TaxRobin, Tax Preparer replied 1 month ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

SSA can provide you with a benefit verification letter, sometimes called a “budget letter,” a “benefits letter,” a “proof of income letter,” or a “proof of award letter.”

You can get a benefit verification letter online instantly by using your personal my Social Security account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one today. It’s easy, convenient and secure.

To set up your account, visit www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount and select, “Sign In or Create an Account.” You will need to provide some personal information to verify your identity, choose a username and password, and follow the rest of the steps to finish creating your account. Once you create your account, scroll down to the Benefits & Payments section and choose “get benefit verification letter” where you can instantly view, print, or save your official letter. It takes only a few minutes.

Here is a link to the SSA page to log in or create that account

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

TaxRobin
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer