Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

This is my 2nd time to try and disclose information to your…

Customer Question
Dear lawyer. this is...

Dear lawyer. this is my 2nd time to try and disclose information to your agency about the death of my uncle Alfred F.Delio, SSN *** ** ****,DOB 4/28/1924, who passed away on 1/3/2018. As stated previously, I am /was his POA, am responsible for handling and closing his account. He has no attorney, accountant. He has burial arrangements and will be buried on 1/12/2018 .All I require are instructions on how to proceed in closing his SSA account, when the procedures will occur, the benefits I will receive for his burial costs, etc. I can be reached by phone (215)*** **** or e-mail ******@hotmail.com. I have supplied my credit card information in the last 1/2 hour. I am considered computer illiterate. PLEASE HELP.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Please help me get through this damn maze

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

I responded to your question that you previously posted as follows:

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your uncle.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your uncle's personal information.

The funeral parlor will normally forward the death certificate to Social Security.

BUT

My best advice would be to call Social Security yourself to report your uncle's death at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Choose the "report a death" option. The Social Security representative will request that you send an original death certificate to the local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.