Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Report the death of Alfred F. Delio, SSNon 1/3/2018. His DOB…

Customer Question
Report the death of...

Report the death of Alfred F. Delio, SSN###-##-####on 1/3/2018. His DOB 4/28/1924. I am his nephew, his POA and beneficiary as stated in his Last will and testament. Please advise if verification of above is required, next procedure to follow, time frame to finalize all required procedures. I, Frank Lupo can be reached by phone(###) ###-####or e-mail,***@******.***.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I am a little confused. He had no retirement accountant. the buck stopped with me. His burial arrangements have been planned and paid for. I have contacted his funeral parlor and burial will be on 1/12/2018. I am responsible for finalizing and closing his account.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/6/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your uncle.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your uncle's personal information.

The funeral parlor will normally forward the death certificate to Social Security.

BUT

My best advice would be to call Social Security yourself to report your uncle's death at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Choose the "report a death" option. The Social Security representative will request that you send an original death certificate to the local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to help you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent