Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My wife is eligible to apply for Full SS Benefits (Age 66)

Customer Question
My wife is eligible...

My wife is eligible to apply for Full SS Benefits (Age 66) next month. But she wants to only take the spousal benefit (1/2 mine) till she turns 70

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Hi Ms. Wilson, What are the steps my wife has to follow to both register for SS and get the spousal benefit now for the next 5 years? Does she have to register and then suspend?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not really. She is currently a Federal Employee who plans to retire by year end. She already has registered for Medicare Part A.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/5/2018
Social Security Expert: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Can you please confirm your wife's birthday?