Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a statement showing the amount that I receive

Customer Question
I need a statement...

I need a statement showing the amount that I receive monthly

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am renting a disabled apartment and they need proof of income.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/5/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 7 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Normally, you would have received Social Security Form SSA-4926-SM (1-2018) by now which gives the breakdown of your monthly Social Security benefits for 2018.

If I were you, I'd wait until the middle of next week before I gave up on receiving that Form as I am aware of several beneficiaries who's Form SSA-4926-SM has been delayed.

If you do not receive the form by then you can obtain the information two ways.

1. You can use the following link to locate the address & telephone number of your closest local Social Security office. You can either call them for a copy, or visit the office & receive the information on the spot. Here's the link:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

2. The other option is to go to http://ssa.gov and set up a "MySocialSecurity" account. Once you do that, you will be able to Print out an official copy of a verification letter containing the information you need for your landlord or Social Service Agency sponsoring the rental.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the site will credit me for assisting your this evening.

Thanks very much,