Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I ask question about having my check sent as paper check…

Customer Question
I ask question about...

I ask question about having my check sent as paper check till problem at my bank has been solved. They sent me to a page to fill out credit card info and no not what it was for? Is it to pay the $5 for services or to have check sent to a cc or what? I need to know what it is about

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Only what the cc info is for

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/4/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security. The page you were referred to for credit card information is not for Social Security, but for Just Answer.

Social Security no longer mails checks to its recipients.

You can change your bank information with Social Security in one of three ways.

1. Use your online Social Security account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank for assistance in changing/updating your account information with Social Security.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your "old" account until you receive at least one payment in your "new" account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

When the froze my account yesterday it put out all over I was having account frozen and can not open account in another bank now. I have been banking here for years and years. I was going to change banks to solve this but now it is stay with them or no money
I have NO money for all this. You are doing nothing for me so cancel my membership right away. As I said I have not a dime to waist for anything

Not a problem. I will forward this to customer service on your behalf.

Thank you.