Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to get a copy of a letter Social Security sent…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get a copy of a letter Social Security sent to me and I mistakenly threw it away. It was an explanation of benefits for 2018 and RMA/ Medicare reimbursement. Arlene and John Schertzer

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The information was sent to me about a month ago. I didn't think I needed it. My school district That I retired from wants it.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Just a copy of what they originally sent to me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/4/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 7 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

You will need to go to ssa.gov and set up a "MySocialSecurity" account. Once you do that, you will be able to print out an official copy of the information with respect to your benefits and breakdown of the Medicare Premiums/Reimbursement on Form SSA-4926-SM (2018), that you are looking for.

In order to request another copy of the Form itself, you would need to call the Social Security Administration at 1-***-***-****. Unfortunately that usually involves an extended "Hold" time (up to an hour) & then you may be disconnected. If you do get through, it may take several weeks to actually obtain the copy through the mail.

A better alternative is to either call or visit your local Social Security office to request the information you need or a copy of the Form itself. I'll give you a link where, using your Zipcode, you can obtain the address and telephone number of the closest Social Security office. Some offices don't publish a local telephone number, so you either must try the 800# ***** above or actually visit your local office. Here's the link:

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way that the site will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,