Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I wish to enroll in medicare and i downloaded the

Customer Question
I wish to enroll...

I wish to enroll in medicare and i downloaded the application part B and as i read the instructions i'm suppose to fill out part A

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I'll be turning 65 in February 15 and i understand i'm suppose to enroll to medicare So i'll need to fill out part B and part A besides part A and part B

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Besides part A and part B my employer to fill out form CMS-L564 do i need to download form CMS-L564

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There are three ways to apply for Medicare.

1. Online at www.SocialSecurity.gov.
  2. By calling Social Security at 1-***-***-****,, Monday through Friday, from 7AM to 7PM.
  3. In-person at your local Social Security office.

Will you be receiving health insurance through your employer while you are still working?

Thank you.

No i am not receiving health insurance through employer.
My full retirement is 66 and I think that's when I can enroll to Medicare

You apply for Medicare at age 65 whether or not you are applying for Social Security benefits.

Full retirement age has to do with Social Security, not Medicare.