Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Thank you. my question is: can the guardian of a social

Customer Question
Good morning and thank...

Good morning and thank you. my question is: can the guardian of a social security recipient receive payment for taking care of that person if the person is living in the home.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Ok I am the legal guardian of a elderly person. the person lives with me because that person cannot live on her own or take care of herself.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No not at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/3/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Medicaid offers payments to persons who care for individuals in their home. What state are you located in?

Michigan. how do i apply, do i need to go into an s.s. office or can I do it on line, also how can i get written information of all of my options?

Medicaid is state. SS is federal government.

The Medicaid waiver payments are provided by the state, NOT Social Security. That is the reason I asked you for your location.

Here is the information for Michigan:

http://medicaidwaiver.org/state/michigan.html

My best advice would be to call the number provided in the link, and they will be able to answer your questions.

Thank you.

thank you

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know I have achieved my goal.

Thank you and Happy New Year!