Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Why is my SSI check less $36, My SSI check is always $945,

Customer Question
Why is my SSI...

Why is my SSI check less $36

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My SSI check is always $945

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Ut went down to $945 to ❄️$909. Why?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Why is my check short $36?
Went from $945 to $900
I have a speech disability and can't talk well
I just paid you $5
1/3/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 7 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Don't be concerned; the site offers a phone consultation to everyone, but it is optional as it costs extra. I will answer right here; just give me a moment.

Is this s one time thing ? Will I go back to my regular SSI check ?
I have s speech disability and hard for me to talk to you
Are you there ?mi just want to know what the $36 dollars is for..

The Social Security Administration sends out Form SSA-4926-SM, which you may have received or will receive it shortly. That will give you a breakdown of your Social Security benefits for 2018.

However, in the meantime, the most likely reason is that there has been an increase in your Medicare premiums which may have been greater than your 2% increase in benefits for 2018.

There are several possibilities for that change, one is the general increase in Medicare Premiums for everyone, and the other possibility is that in 2016 you had an unusual increase in income (one time sale of stock, etc. for example), which would result in an increase in your Medicare premiums for 2018 only.

Steve G

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

By the way the Form SSA-4926-SM (2018) is white verses other notices which are different colors.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the site will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

I can't talk on phone,,,speech disability, sorry
I haven't got any paper work explaining my deduction but will wait fot ITMB to come
All I can do

Thanks for now Michael *******

Did you have an unusual increase in income in 2016, if you remember?

Also, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response.

Thanks very much,

Thanks for getting bsck ...your good,,,I have a docs appointment in ten minutes.
Have to get back
STOP CHARGING ME...YOU JUST CHARGED ME ANOTHER $33. STOP IT NOW
That's more than I lost geez

I apologize, but I didn't charge you; we don't have anything to do with customer charges; in fact I wouldn't even know that you were charged anything more if you didn't tell me. I would appreciate it if you would provide a rating for me; there is no charge for providing a rating as I'm a user just like you; only for me it's like being on the "other side of the desk" when I answer questions;

If you are dissatisfied with our service, you may contact "Customer Service" as we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee & you can obtain a refund of any charges.

Thanks again,

I thought it was $5 then you took $33 more out of my account without knowing,
DONT BILL ME ANYMORE AND GIVE ME MY $33 back. It's more than I lost.
Thank you!!!

That should be no problem, but I am unable to do that for you.

As I noted above you simply need to contact Customer Service directly. If I could process a refund, I would gladly do so.

Please note that since you have not provided a positive rating, I will not receive anything for assisting you today. However, please contact Customer Service and obtain your refund. There will be no problem doing that if you contact Customer Service.

By the way, you will lose the $36. for each month in 2018 for a total of $432., not $36. So, now at least you know why & where to look for the adjustment at a very reasonable cost.

contract should be contact in line 5 and

wear should be where in line 9 above.