Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have a new routing # for my account----I need S.S know…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a new routing # for my account----I need S.S know what my new routing # so that my S.S. check will be sent to the right account (other one cancelled, due to suspicious activity) can I give it to someone to update online?? If so, how???

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

How do I contact them?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
I do not want the free Just answer membership----thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to provide you with a second opinion.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information with Social Security.

1. Use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Expect very long hold times.

3. Ask your bank to assist you with notifying Social Security of your new banking information.

https://www.ssa.gov/deposit/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb