Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What are the beginning dates for my Medicare Part A and

Customer Question
What are the beginning...

What are the beginning dates for my Medicare Part A and Part B?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What at the effective dates for my Medicare Part A and Part B?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

How do we get Forms CMS-L564 and CMS-40B?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/2/2018
Social Security Expert: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 6 months ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. Your Medicare Part A and Part B will become effective the first day of the calendar month during which you turn 65. As for the forms, you can download them from the following links:

CMS-L564: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms-Items/CMS009718.html

CMS-40B: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/Downloads/CMS40B-E.pdf

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!