Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I want to know when the paper work for retirees getting

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know when the paper work for retirees getting social security will I get it in order to file taxes or can I pick it up at my nearest social security office.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am starting to do my husband and mine taxes. I have everything I need except the end of the year social security information. When does it go into them mail. If it is not mailed till the end of the month can I get it on line or at my local social security office.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. It is greatly approciated.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/2/2018
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 7 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Happy New year!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. The form is usually mailed sometime this month. As with other 1099 forms, it is likely that the SSA has until the end of the month to mail the form. While I don't know for certain if the forms are available online yet, you can check. I will provide you with the information on how to create an online account and check in the next thread.

Following is the link to create an account.

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Click on the Create An Account button near the bottom of the page and follow the instructions on how to obtain the SSA-1099. You cannot go into a social security office to pick up the form.

------------------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.