Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What is the amount on my social security check for January…

Customer Question
What is the amount...

What is the amount on my social security check for January 2018

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Need the amount on my social security check starting january 2018

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
1/2/2018
Social Security Expert: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 6 months ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

To obtain the 2018 benefit amount that you'll be receiving you'll need to contact the Social Security Administration directly. There are three ways to do this.

1) You can call them at(###) ###-#### Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. eastern time; be prepared to wait on hold for a half hour to an hour before you get a rep.

2) You can visit your local Social Security office. Find their address, hours, and directions using their office locator tool, here: https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

3) You can create an online account and view your benefits online from your home. To do this you will need the following information:

Your name as it appears on your Social Security account, your Social Security number, and your date of birth;

A U.S. address, a valid email address, and a government issued driver's license or ID card number;

Not mandatory, but it helps if you have a cell phone that is capable of receiving text messages;

Be prepared to create a unique user name and password ***** to set up three security questions; you should write down this info and keep it in a safe place.

Once you have all your info together, go to this website: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Click on "Sign in or Create an Account;"

Click on "Create an Account;"

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, agree to the terms of service, and click "Next;"

Now you will start entering your information. Just follow the instructions and once all your info is entered the program will send you a security code via email or text. When you receive it, you will enter it into the program and you're done. Once you've established your online account you can view your history, your benefits, print a verification letter, get your 1099 for taxes, etc.

Hope that answered your question. If you need more info just ask it here. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. And thank you for using Just Answer.