Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

When are the 2017 earnings posted to my statement? I printed…

Customer Question
When are the 2017...

When are the 2017 earnings posted to my statement?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I printed my SS Statement and noticed the 2017 earnings have not been added and didn't expect them to be, but I have a meeting with my financial advisor next week and wondered if this figure would be posted by then. Also, my SS Statement also used to show what my monthly benefit would be at when I was a certain age. I am now 68 1/2 and plan to retire in 2019 when I turn 70. I can't find what my approximate monthly earnings will be.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

As I am still employed, I get a SS payment monthly from my ex husband until I am 70. Then as I understand, those payments will discontinue and I will have to start drawing on my SS.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
1/1/2018
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 1 month ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The 2017 earnings will not show up on your socials security statement until Mid May or June of 2018. The employer has until January 31, 2018 to report the annual earnings to social security and issue you W2.

Social security estimates your monthly benefits at various age until your full retirement age. Any extra credits earned beyond full retirement age are not included in the calculation. Your benefits will increase by 8% for every 12 month you delay taking your benefits after full retirement age. Assuming you applied for restricted benefis (taking lower spousal benefits at full retirement age and let your own grow), at 70 you will have an option to switch to your own (if higher) or continue receiving spousal benefits.

I see you read my response. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY