Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What does: "was he or she entitled to a monthly benefit on…

Customer Question
What does: "was...

What does: "was he or she entitled to a monthly benefit on the same earnings record as the deceased at the time of death" means. I am trying to fill out this form Soc, Security sent me. I don't understand the question.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Like what?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/29/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 6 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

It means the person was eligible for survivor benefits. What kind of application are you trying to fill out? For your own benefits or spousal benefits?